United Actuarial Services is a sister corporation to TIC. UAS's research department provides research services to TIC consultants and
administrators. Research publications are also offered on a subscription basis to attorneys, salaried
administrators, other third party administration companies and other employee benefit plan
advisors. UAS's research department is headed by an attorney who analyzes new laws and
regulations and judicial developments that affect employee benefit plans.
We are in frequent contact with regulators in Washington to gain special insight as to the intent of
regulations. We submit written comments on proposed regulations to bring to the Government's attention
provisions that may have unintended and undesirable consequences to our clients or which we believe are
unnecessarily complicated and excessively expensive to administer.
During a typical year, 60 to 70 research reports including:
The UAS research department also conducts on-site Compliance Audits at a plan administrator's office to help identify any problems with
federal law or regulation and to suggest appropriate corrective measures.
- Research Memos that provide detailed analysis of new laws and regulations and what
must be done to assure compliance. These are written for administrative
managers, consultants, and attorneys.
- Client Bulletins that focus on legislative, regulatory, judicial, and other
developments which require client action. These are written primarily for clients.
- Special Bulletins that focus on a single "hot topic" that requires immediate attention by
administrative managers and/or other plan professionals.
- Benefit News Briefs that contain articles dealing with the latest court decisions,
legislation, regulations, and other important developments affecting client plans.
- Topical Index that makes it easy for clients and subscribers to locate information needed
from previous research publications by grouping the information under specific topics.
- Special Research Reports that are comprehensive studies intended to satisfy specific needs:
ERISA Compliance Manual
Pension Law Review
Employer Withdrawal Liability Compliance Manual
For more information, please email TIC at firstname.lastname@example.org.